Music Moves for Piano teaches student musicians to hear what they play and play what they hear in engaging, creative and fun classes.
Lesson activities sequentially apply what research says about how children best learn music and encourage students to listen, think, move, sing, improvise and perform. Students develop solid piano technique and keyboard skills through solos, duets, and improvisations. Four students is the maximum per class.
In Music Moves for Piano students learn to:
- Improvise, play by ear, transpose, and harmonize
- Sing and play
- Perform with comfort and fluency in a variety of social settings
- Play with technical ease and freedom from muscular tension
- Listen to and perform music with understanding
- Think about music in the context of a meter and a tonality
- Become independent music thinkers
The youngest students must be 4 by September 1st of the current school year to register.
Music Moves FAQs