Summer 2016 Group Piano
Sign up for our summer programs by 12/23 and get last year’s rates!
‘To register, contact the office at 617-277-4593. Classes fill quickly!
At Brookline Music School, we value offering classes that are research-based and provide developmentally appropriate instruction to our students. Our curriculum helps children to develop the skills necessary for formal music learning and a lifelong enjoyment of music. We feel Music Moves for Piano is the perfect extension of the early childhood program, a bridge to formal instrumental lessons and musical understanding.
Music Moves Keyboard Games: Ages 4-6
This is a great introduction to our “Music Moves” group class offered in both terms of the school year. Piano classes include singing, chanting, moving, responding to musical patterns, creating at the keyboard, and playing short pieces. Classes help students recognize the sounds of music using syllables, imitate musical patterns accurately, sing in tune, move with the beat, and develop beginning piano technique and keyboard skills using rote instruction.
Music Moves Piano Lessons: Ages 6+
Music moves lessons train musicians to hear what they play and play what they hear. Lesson activities sequentially apply what research says about how children best learn music and encourage students to listen, think, move, sing and play.
Students in first grade and above can register for Level 1 group piano lessons.
|Music Moves: Keyboard Games||Age||Dates||Days||Time||Cost||Instructor||
|Session II||4-6||7/18-7/21||MTWTh||1-1:50||$115||Piano Faculty|
|Music Moves for Piano||Age||Dates||Days||Time||Cost||Instructor||
About Music Moves for Piano
In Music Moves for Piano students learn to:
- Improvise, play by ear, transpose, and harmonize
- Compose, arrange, read, and write music notation
- Sing and play – accompany singers and instrumentalists
- Perform with comfort and fluency in a variety of social settings
- Play with technical ease and freedom from muscular tension
- Listen to and perform music with understanding
- Think about music in the context of a meter and a tonality
- Become independent music thinkers
Music Moves for Piano:
- Is based on research
- Is versatile and adaptable – appropriate for all ages
- Helps students to learn music as an aural art – ’sound before sight’
- Builds lifetime skills through movement, chanting, and singing
- Is creative – students make music from the beginning
- Develops the entire musician
- Internalizes improvisation skills and musical understanding