Keyboard Games Pre-K & K
Term II begins January 31, 2017.
For returning students, payment is due December 14. To make a payment, call (617) 277-4593 or pay online.
Open enrollment for new students begins January 9th. The schedule for Term II will be complete by December 23. Please email email@example.com if you would like to be added to the mailing list to be notified of schedule completion, reminded of the registration date, and for information on demo classes.
If you have questions, email Early Childhood Music Coordinator Krista Jadro firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Brookline Music School, we value offering classes that are research-based and provide developmentally appropriate instruction to our students. Our classes help children to develop the skills necessary for formal music learning and a lifelong enjoyment of music. Keyboard Games is the perfect extension of the Early Childhood Program, providing students with both musical understanding and piano skills in a creative, engaging, rich and fun class.
In Keyboard Games students learn to:
- Improvise, play by ear, transpose, and harmonize
- Sing and play
- Perform with comfort and fluency in a variety of social settings
- Play with technical ease and freedom from muscular tension
- Listen to and perform music with understanding
- Think about music in the context of a meter and a tonality
- Become independent music thinkers
- Is based on research
- Is versatile, adaptable and developmentally appropriate for many levels of skill
- Helps students to learn music as an aural art – ‘sound before sight’
- Builds lifetime skills through movement, chanting, and singing
- Is creative – students make music from the beginning
- Develops the entire musician
- Internalizes improvisation skills and musical understanding
KEYBOARD GAMES A: Pre-K (4 years old by January 31, 2017)
KEYBOARD GAMES A: K (5 years old by September 1, 2016)
Keyboard Games A is a two-term class (A1 and A2) that includes singing, chanting, moving, responding to musical patterns, creating at the keyboard, and playing short pieces. Classes help students recognize the sounds of music using syllables, imitate musical patterns accurately, sing in tune, move with the beat, and develop beginning piano technique and keyboard skills using rote instruction. Includes piano book with CD.
KEYBOARD GAMES B: Pre-K and K (for students that have completed Keyboard Games A1 and A2)
Keyboard Games B is a two-term class (B1 and B2) that builds on the skills learned in Keyboard Games A. Students continue to acquire a listening and performing music pattern vocabulary, improvise vocally and on the piano, create with different elements of music, such as rhythm, pitch, harmony, and form, and performing with technical freedom and comfort. Pieces are both melodic and rhythmic, and include solos, duets, ensemble playing, improvisation, blues and jazz. Includes piano book with CD.
Class Sections for New Students Term II (Spring 2017): To be determined by December 23, 2016. Please check back or email email@example.com to be placed on the notification list.